Saturday 24 October 2009

Taking Photos



I decided i wanted to take photo's of my sister and my mum to work from, as it shows both family connection and relationship as well as contrast between age and skin. As i said, i wanted to take photo's using my mums nikon lens because firstly it is a brilliant lens, and secondly because it gives a more aged and older look in black and white. I took the two photo's of my sister Eleanor on a beach by Lake Montbel in France during half term using this camera, and as far as i know she had no idea the camera was there. In the first one, where she is tipping her head to the sky, trying to dry off from a cold swim in the lake, i love how her skin looks so healthy and clean, and how the bones and muscles in her face and arms are so clear and bold. Her youth is shows very well here. In the second photo, she is smiling, probably at something someone said or is perhaps aware of my presence with the camera by now (she would have heard the camera click the first time). Even so, i still wouldn't count the photo as posed, because her smile is so natural, and she changed nothing else in her appearance for the photo, her t-shit is still just as see through and she is still confidence and unashamed by her image. I love these two photo's- they are beautiful, and they capture Eleanor's character so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment